- Take-home reference materials and cheat-sheets
- Access to a private Facebook group for workshop participants
- A follow-up session with a photo-walk in September is included
- 10% concession on all future workshops and photo-walks with Studio KB
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
Were you gifted a shiny, new dSLR and have no clue what to do with it? Or perhaps you were excited to buy one for yourself but have still not been brave enough to take it out of its box? Do aperture, shutter-speed and ISO sound like Latin and Greek to you? Ever wondered about the fuss for shooting in manual mode? Cannot figure the reason why your photos don’t look as nice as you imagine them to be? Or do you still believe that megapixels matter?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the workshop for you! We start right from the basics to familiarize you with your camera, go through all the fundamental concepts of photography and have practical sessions with demos to understand the what, why & how of shooting. By the end of the day, expect to confidently shoot beyond the Auto-mode, start developing your own aesthetic sense and open your eyes to the many possibilities of digital photography.
More details about the workshop’s contents are below.
Module 1 :: The Basics
- An introduction to photography
- History and types of photography
- Types of cameras and lenses
- Camera sensors and magnifications
- Choosing the right equipment
- Demo 1: What’s in your camera bag?
Module 2 :: The Exposure Triangle
- Understanding Shutter Speed
- Setting the correct Aperture
- Choosing the ISO
- Working with the internal Light Meter
- Demo 2: Can you balance the exposure?
Module 3 :: Shooting Modes
- Why go beyond Auto-mode
- Mastering Shutter Priority
- Mastering Aperture Priority
- Getting started with Manual Mode
Module 4 :: Practical Session
- Practise exercises for Exposure Triangle & Shooting Modes
Module 5 :: Creative Effects
- Exploring motion-blurs
- Playing with depth of field
- Demo 3: Achieving these creative effects
Module 6 :: Aesthetics 101
- Compositions and framing
- What makes a pleasing photograph?
- The ‘golden rules’ of photography & when to break them
Module 7 :: How-To-Capture-This
- Quick tips and best practices for different genres of photography, such as portraits, travel, landscapes, food, architecture, events etc
Module 8 :: In Conclusion
- Sneak-peek to Intermediate Level Concepts
- Caring for your equipment
- Resources, Community and The Way Forward
GET IN TOUCH:
For any queries related to the workshop, feel free to get in touch with us at: